Friday, December 21, 2007

While grieving Chuck, I never know what I'm gonna get. Each morning I wake up and it's a surprise. This morning I was blessed with memories long ago buried. (Currently my memories of Chuck revolve around our time in the hospital. I am trying to accept it as part of my journey...but how I long for happy memories of our life together before the hospital.)

This morning I was greeted with a GREAT memory...the Christmas before Chuck and I got married. Fourteen years ago, I was home in Spearman...getting ready to tie the knot with Chuck! I just remember how giddy I felt the whole time. That Christmas was magical because I was preparing to spend "the rest of my life" with the man of my dreams. What a beautiful snap shop...that giddyness is seeping back into my heart as I remember. Oh, this feels so good! For this joyous and deliriously happy memory...long forgotten, I praise God!