Wednesday, December 05, 2007

This Sunday is the BIG day...marathon day. I cannot believe how excited I am about it. My history with participating in sporting events involves DREAD. So this is a lovely and welcome change!

The White Rock Marathon allows you to "run for a cause." My cause, technically, is sanity...but I listed it under "for Chuck." This is my entry. I HOPE they take note, or honor it in some way. That would be waaaay cool.

I am running in memory of my husband, Chuck Picciuti. He fought a courageous battle for 15 months. At the young age of 37, he died.

He spent 9 months of his fight at Baylor Specialty where he won the hearts of all his care takers. Though Chuck suffered great physical agony, he never complained. He encouraged and inspired all who knew him. His humor brought comfort and delight to many. His nurses adored him for his generous spirit. His doctors were awed by his determination and resiliency. Chuck lived every moment of his short life, encouraging the rest of us to follow suit.

Chuck was a force to be reckoned with. He was my hero. I run for him.