Saturday, December 08, 2007

Tomorrow is the BIG day. I am so excited I can hardly stand it. Greg, Shea and I drove in yesterday. Upon seeing the Dallas skyline, I burst into tears...that was unexpected. So much emotion tied to this town...who'd a thunk...Dallas of all places.

After getting our race packets, we headed over to Baylor Specialty. I told Shea and Greg, "Let's just drive there. If I cry too much, or get too sad, we'll leave." Upon seeing the neighborhood...the familiar building, I was filled with fond memories...so I rushed inside. Talk about God's timing...ALL of the wound-care staff was there...including Dr. D. (That happens rarely! Okay, so I did not see Michelle or Betty...but still). It was great to hug everyone, tell them "THANK YOU," and just take in the place that brought such healing to Chuck (and me.)

Someone shared this verse with me for my run:

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Hebrews 12:1).

It calls to mind many things...one being that Chuck is in my cloud of witnesses...he'll be cheering! Another is that God has marked out my path...and I am to run strong...to run with perseverance...trusting in the path before me!