Tuesday, December 25, 2007

This is me, the C kiddos, and "the memory candle" on Christmas Eve. I've kept the candle lit all day today...lovely way to keep Chuck present during the festivities!

Last night at dinner K sweetly commented, as only a three-year-old can, "Uncle Chuck is not in the hospital anymore." At first I winced...that sort of honesty is typically skirted these days. G quickly came to the rescue and we all smiled at the thought of where Chuck is and what he is doing. We are all certain that Jesus has questioned Chuck...more than once..."So how many times are you going to make the same crack about my age????"

G supposes that a more probable conversation went something like this:

Chuck: "Jesus, really, just tell me one more time how old you are and I'll stop asking. Really. Just one more time...how old are you this year?"

Jesus, after thinking it over for a second. "Really, Chuck? This will really be the last time?"

Chuck: "Yeeeeeessss. I promise."

Jesus: "Alriiiiiight...I'm 2007, give or take."

Chuck, after a pregnant pause. "So Jesus, how old are you this year?"