Thursday, December 06, 2007

"Brave" by Nichole Nordeman is one of my FAVORITE songs..."you make me want to be brave." In any case, I heard it on the radio this morning and was struck by a lyric I had never caught before...

But if you believe in me,
that changes everything.


What an amazing and beautiful and TRUE concept. Yes, I believe in God. But here's the clincher...HE BELIEVES IN ME...and it's true, that changes everything. That blows my mind! He, creator of the universe, believes in me. How do I know that I can get through this time of pain? Because God believes in me. How can I trust that my heart, though crushed under the weight of grief, will come out on the other side bigger and stronger? Because God believes in me; he believes in Mom and Dad; he believes in Christy and Tony; he believes in all of us who were close to Chuck. That changes everything.