Thursday, August 23, 2007

Yesterday evening was perfection. I may not be able to detail it all for a while, but I wanted to include my FAVORITE part. Many of you know how Chuck felt about Lions Camp. He found himself there...he found his best friends there...he found me there. Camp was at the very heart and soul of Chuck.

Celis, our 8-year-old niece, had quite an emotional ride through last night's cremony. She cried and cried and cried. Celis, of all my nieces and nephews, reminds me the most of me. She lives in own imagination. You're not always sure just how much she gets due to her preference for flights of fancy. When the celebration was over, she took her mother aside and said, "I love this camp! I'm going to be a counselor here when I'm old enough."

I can think of no better tribute to Chuck.