Thursday, August 09, 2007

I believe I have neglected to mention that Chuck's feeding tube has sprung a leak. It happened Monday night and the plan was to replace the tube (at the main Methodist hospital) whilst I was away. Blessedly, Chuck's appetite has been quite healthy. He's had a few bouts of nausea, but nothing too serious. Because he has been eating so well, the doctor postponed the procedure until Monday...then a discovery was made. (In the hospital they measure EVERYTHING...Chuck's "input" as well as his "output.") Though he's been eating well, his "output" is waaaaaaaay greater than his input. This basically means that he is not getting the nutrition he needs. Thus, the decision to move the man to Methodist a.s.a.p. Further, rather than doing the procedure lickety split, they've wisely decided to move cautiously. To avoid frequent vent changes which wear him out (ambulance to hospital to ambulance to hospital), the team has opted to send Chuck to Methodist; let him recover; do the procedure; let him recover; then move him back.

He and Dad have this one covered. I'll post his new location once I know it. I'll be returning home tomorrow evening. Please pray for traveling mercies (for Chuck and for me!)