Thursday, August 23, 2007

I had so many people tell me last night, "Jan, you did such an amazing job organizing this event." Oh no...that was all done by our friends. You should have seen them this week working tirelessly to bring everything together. Truly, they carried my burden...as a loving response to our great loss. Wow, I am so touched just thinking of how Ross, Laura, Nicole, Tod, Mindy, Paul, Christie, Chris, Paul W (P Dub), Amber, and countless other helping hands created such a beautiful evening.

Speaking of creating a beautiful evening...God really outdid himself. The evening was PERFECT. Granted, when I arrived, everything was being set up in the dining hall due to possibility of rain. Talk about a prompting. I suddenly felt claustrophobic..."this is wrong, this is wrong, this is wrong." My final act of courage on Chuck's behalf was to throw caution to the wind. It HAD to be at the amphitheater...God would provide. Boy did he ever! Lovely weather, lovely sky, praise GOD!