Monday, August 20, 2007

Just wanted to share a tiny bit about Chuck's passing. Many of us sat vigil over Chuck through the night. We started at 8:30. What a precious night. As the hours wore on, people found places in Chuck's room to doze and wait. My sweet sister, Shea, whispered to me in the wee hours Monday...envision this through God's eyes. That's just what I did...the thought of God lovingly waiting for Chuck, gently prodding him to come home and rest, gave me such strength. It made the event a joyous one for me...even through the sorrow of letting Chuck go, I was so happy to "walk him home." As the end neared, I truly felt like we were giving birth. Chuck was struggling to hang on, and I coached and encouraged him..."You're almost there baby. Keep going."

I will miss him every day until we see each other again. In the meantime, I am trusting God to bring me through the grieving process. I feel comforted to know that he will take me through each day. Now that Chuck's journey is over, please pray for my journey and the journey of my wonderful Picciuti family.