Thursday, August 30, 2007

I went to work for a couple of hours today. Chuck was sorely missed. I think that getting back to my "real" life makes me very aware that Chuck is gone. Hence, things may be rough for a little while. Who am I kidding? Things will be rough for a long while. However, I am fully trusting God to slowly release memories. I know that he will not give me more pain in a single day than I can bear AND that his mercies are new EVERY morning.

I have not mentioned it in the blog yet, as I wanted to wait until things were more secure. I am getting a dog...and not just any dog. Many of you know that I am a dog lover and have wanted a dog for the LONGEST time. When things got really stressful with Chuck's hospital stay, I would find relief by searching the internet for the perfect dog. I cannot tell you how many times I found "the perfect dog." However, Chuck thought I should wait until I was home more and could devote time to a dog. Even though it was killing me, I knew Chuck was right. I also knew that if I was faithful in waiting for God's timing, he would bring the right dog at the right time. Wouldn't you know it, he brought the dog to my FRONT DOOR.

I was being interviewed for a dog adoption. I found a dog that was in Longview, and a local woman came for a home visit. (Animal rescue folks are very networked.) In any case, Dagi (my new friend and dog mentor), brought one of her foster dogs to the interview. I could not take my eyes off Bailey. She is PRECIOUS. In any case, the other dog is young and still puppy-ish. Also, she is an alpha dog, which could cause unrest for me at a time when I need some peace. All the while Dagi is interviewing me, Bailey (my precious girl) is cozily kicked back. She is sooo loving, gentle, and sweet! I asked if Bailey was available...I'm sure you can guess the rest. She's coming over tomorrow for a trial run. She'll spend the night and we'll play on Saturday. If you are in town, you MUST come for a visit! (once Bailey is here and settled)

I will be flying to Dallas on Saturday to spend the holiday weekend with the Picciutis.