Saturday, August 04, 2007

Chuck and I are doing well. You would not believe how well his wounds are doing. I fully expect the wound on his bum and the one under his right shoulder to resolve within two months. His increased appetite and decreased nausea have made such a difference. Praise God!!

We had the most amazing gift this week. Chuck needs new glasses. It's hard to read 1) the closed captions on the the TV and 2) options on the screen for his X-box games. (Books schmooks.) I can't remember if I've detailed this drama for you or not. In any case, opthomologists do not make hospital visits. In order for Chuck to get a new prescription, he would have to go to a doctor's office for a visit. Can you imagine?? Once again, God had gone before us and put just the right person in our lives. I went through a Bible study program 5 years ago with a group of "girls." One of the girls is sweet Bethany. She introduced me and Chuck to her husband, Matt. Guess what Matt does for a living?? Yep, he's an opthomologist. This week he hauled up his gear and examined Chuck's eyes. Matt and I held up that big black thingy that you look through with the dials and the doctor asks, "One or two...two or three...?" By the end of holding that thing up, my arms were shaking! Nonetheless, Matt finished his exam and Chuck's new glasses are being made as I write this. By Tuesday, watch out. He'll be king of the X-box once more.