Tuesday, May 01, 2007

I started my first day back at work with a good cry. Someone (AMY) left flowers for me with a "Welcome Back" note. How sweet is that??

I went to the hospital where Chuck will most likely be. It's nothing to write home about! He will get to keep all of his doctors from Methodist (great). They will check on him daily (great). He will get a new wound care person (hmmm). There is only ONE wound care nurse (hmmm). She has several aids (ok). There are no single rooms (tsk tsk). What's a girl to do? It's not great, but the doctors are. I am praying it will be like Baylor Specialty and that I'm not taking Chuck to some awful place. I did a surprise visit and all seemed in order (good). They have tons of therapists (good). I feel a little apprehensive though.

Chuck is meeting with a GREAT pain management doctor. I've heard so many good things about him. Hopefully he will be able to help Chuck manage his pain while keeping a clear head.