Thursday, May 03, 2007

Chuck's having some rough days. Because his pain medication is still in transition, he looks awful!! He's simply drugged...due to short acting morphine. There was a hang up with his "magical" long-lasting morphine. This stuff is supposed to really help him out. The fast acting morphine is for break through pain. However, he's had no long-lasting medicine for two days, so he's running off the big guns. I was relieved to discover that the reason he looks so terrible is the drugs. His vitals are fine; no fever, no infection. He's just doped. His long-lasting morphine will be administered tonight. The pharmacist thinks it will be 24-48 hours before we see the benefits.

In the meantime, I'm trying to rest in God's hands. I keep reminding myself that God is in control...not me.