Saturday, May 19, 2007

Chuck had a pretty rough day yesterday. He has been throwing up bile for about two weeks now. Finally, I think we know why. He has been on a medicine called reglan all year long. At some point in the transition from hospital to hosital, he was taken off. I had no idea...assuming...you know. Lo and behold, reglan back to the rescue. I hope this will make a huge difference in how Chuck feels.

For now, his tube feedings have stopped and he is getting nourishment by TPN (through the vein). He has lost about 15 pounds since arriving back in San Antonio. What up with that??? Apparently he has not been taking advantage of the EXCELLENT Mexican food here that flows like mannah from heaven.

Chuck's pretty much himself today, thank you God.

I want to thank all of you who have been feeding me these past few weeks. I'm ready to take over now. I've been charged with taking time out to take care of myself rather than rushing from work to hospital. Baby steps!