Monday, November 26, 2007

This is my ode to Ecclesiastes. Yes, yes, I adore the book. I've heard a couple of theories on the author...it was a man going through a mid-life crisis...it was a man questioning life after the death of someone dear. Whatever the case, it is a book of grief and loss...and all the questions that ensue.

I mentioned earlier that God is using my grief to pull me close. God's view of grief is so very different from the world's...it is a time of beauty and reflection:

Ecclesiastes 7: 2-4:

2 It is better to go to a house of mourning than to go to a house of feasting, for death is the destiny of every man; the living should take this to heart.

3 Sorrow is better than laughter, because a sad face is good for the heart.

4 The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning, but the heart of fools is in the house of pleasure.