Monday, November 12, 2007

I had a BEAUTIFUL weekend full of laughter, tears, laughter, food, laughter, work, laughter...all bound up in love. Thus far, today has been a glorious day...truly a gift from God.

I feel like I'm entering a new stage of the grieving process. Chuck's ring, which I wear around my neck, is now on a longer chain. It started right at my throat; moved down to the base of my neck, and is now right over my heart. Also, I took down the huge picture of the two of us...the one I moved from hospital room to hospital room. I found myself unable to move forward with the two of us staring at me all the time...pulling me backwards. And FINALLY, I've moved to a place where I do talk to Chuck...and think that he just might be watching over me. Initally, I felt he was rapturously staring into the face of Jesus...uninterested in what was going on with me. Don't know why...just felt that way. Now I feel like he's cheering me on. When we were driving home from my birthday party Saturday night, we saw a shooting star. Nicole said, "Look! Chuck's saying hi," and I knew it was true.