Friday, November 30, 2007

Oh that I may "overflow with hope." Romans 15:13 reads "May the God of hope fill you will all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." It's a comfort to me to know that hope is not a state I reach in my own strength. It is the power of the Holy Spirit that will pour the good stuff out in me. Whew. I'm depleted...so I cling to the promises in God's word. I often find that I do not feel the things scripture declares..."peace that passes understanding," "overflowing with hope," etc. It is in these times faith stands in the gap...I know God's promises are true and will come to pass. I cling to truth and wait for my feelings to catch up.

On to a totally different topic...I just got a card from my piano teacher. Could you not just die? Before I even need it, God prompts these wonderful people from my CHILDHOOD to reach out to me. His timing is perfect...because voila...this morning I got a big dose of encouragement! I feel so blessed to have been raised in a small town. I feel so blessed that the very folks who raised me (my community) are continuing to guide and encourage me. THANK YOU GOD! I love you Spearman. I love you!