Wednesday, October 10, 2007

There are many songs that speak peace to me...there are some that make me weep as they hit that spot that is broken...I love them all. There is one in particular that I listen to over and over. It deals with the issue of...would I have chosen differently? Sometimes it just feels so good to really wail; to cry over the pain Chuck endured; to cry over how lost I feel without my Chuck...and in the midst of the weeping to know...to know...I am loved...to feel the comfort of a God who is my horizon and my hope.

Go to http://www.myspace.com/nicholenordeman and click on "Sunrise." (Sorry, still don't know how to put a song on this thing!) The lyrics are below.

Sunrise by Nichole Nordeman
If I had the chance
To go back again
Take a different road, bear a lighter load
Tell an easy story

I would walk away
With my yesterdays
And I would not trade what is broken for beauty only

Every valley
Every bitter chill
Made me ready to climb back up the hill And find that…

(Chours)
You are sunrise
You are blue skies
How would I know the morning
If I knew not midnight?

You’re my horizon
You’re the light of a new dawn
So thank you, thank you
That after the long night, you are sunrise

There’s a moment when
Faith caves in
There’s a time when every soul is certain God is gone

But every shadow is evidence of sun
And every tomorrow holds out hope for us
For every one of us

(Chours)

You alone will shine
You alone can resurrect this heart of mine

(Chours)

You are sunrise