Friday, October 05, 2007

I went to my first Grief Share class last night. It was very helpful. It was also eye-opening...grief is felt deeply by ALL. You see, I was the only female AND the only one under the age of 60. Yep, me and a bunch of "mature" men crying our eyes out. It really touched me...the love these men felt for their wives and the pain they are experiencing in the absence of those women...some even years later. It was a reminder that we will all go through this at some point...and it hurts A LOT no matter where you are in life.

A point that keeps coming up is FAITH. The fact that faith does not make the pain any less. It simply sustains you through the pain. This is a quote from today's Grief email: "Knowing the Lord and His comfort does not take away the ache; instead, it supports you in the middle of the ache." Yep....

I love Chuck and am happy today (at this particular moment in the day)...happy to have been his wife...happy to have been his best friend...happy he chose me. I'm feeling all kinds of blessed this morning.