Thursday, October 25, 2007

I've fallen out of the loop! This is the first day I've had access to internet. Our business trip is going well...some highs...some lows.

Here are my brushes with fame. We are in Jacksonville at the Hyatt, and we are meeting in the luxury suites...oooh la la. The first two days of our arrival, all the ESPN guys...and some football team (yes, yes, I'm very into sports) were staying here. Apparently there was some big "Monday Night Football" shindig going on. Who knew? The place was over run with security guards.

Just last night I saw...but did not meet...Dick Hoyt of the amazing Team Hoyt. Chuck would be so disappointed in me. You all KNOW he would have rolled the two of us right up to Mr. Hoyt and introduced us as if it were the most obvious thing in the world to do. Forget the fact that Dick was speaking in front of a very large group, at a very fancy dinner, where everyone was dressed up. Chuck would have wheeled in...Chuck Taylors and all...and made himself right at home.

I'm so glad I was married to such a neat guy.

But more about Team Hoyt...just a beautiful thing. Dick's relationship with his son is the perfect illustration of God's relationship to us. Dick does for his son what his son is unable to do for himself...check this out...make sure you have kleenex:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4B-r8KJhlE