Saturday, June 30, 2007

The move went well. While I wasn't there for the "big reveal," Chuck's nurse told me his eyes got huge when he saw the GINORMOUS window that looks out into a wooded area. This is a shock, as Chuck is a creature of the dark...preferring indoor comforts and blinds to anything resembling nature or light. My first question, "Do you want me to pull the blinds?" HE DID NOT! Wowwie wow. I told him, "Chuck, this is the place you will heal and go home."

Chuck's swelling has gone waaay down, and he is feeling very much like himself. Yesterday, while I was absorbed in a TV show, he transformed into Cousin It. He tapped my arm, and I turned to see, well, Cousin It. He had pulled all of his shoulder-length hair over his face and put on his glasses. I almost wet my pants I laughed so hard.

He is in intensive care, room 8.