Monday, June 04, 2007

Chuck is looking great, and acting very much like himself. Yesterday I was gushing to Mom about how great his wounds look, and he chastised me, reminding me to not get over excited. Now that's my boy!

Speaking of wounds, I got another look at them today. Wowwie wow, that wound vac is something else, not that I'm getting over excited or anything.

Is it too early to start the "Chuck's-birthday-instructions" warning? Chuck does not enjoy celebrating his birthday. Never has, never will. If you want to give him a real gift, behave naturally, as if it is any other day. In fact, if you want to bestow gifts upon him, do it before or after the "big day." He wants his birthday to be quiet, serene, and as unbirthday-like as possible. (It is this Saturday, by the way.) So, of all days to visit Chuck, this Saturday is the worst. You may want to throw out a prayer for me and my self-control as I LOVE BIRTHDAYS. It is only by my sheer love of birthdays and the desire to celebrate them in a fashion best suited for the guest of honor that allows me to totally ignore Chuck on his day.