Sunday, June 03, 2007

We've had two excellent visits today. First, Tod came up and spent time with Chuck so I could go to church. Tod does this each Sunday, and I think it is a precious time for both of them. Of course, this Sunday was a no-show on the church thang. I slept L-A-T-E. Now, late for me is typically 8ish, but L-A-T-E means I made it to the 9 o'clock hour!

This afternoon, Bob and Sheron Artle stopped by to encourage us and to pray with us. Sheron told me how her aunt spent her final years in a nursing home. Everyday, her aunt prayed for God to take her. Alas, she lived there for 20 years, all the while ministering to people. God had lives for her to touch, and touch them she did. All this to remind us that Chuck and I are ministering to people. As the doctors, nurses, therapists, and techs care for us, we are ministering to them. Yes, we want to go home. However, God's plans are much bigger and grander than any I could come up with.

Thanks for your prayers, encouragement, support, food, emails, phone call, and love!