Friday, August 04, 2006

Whew ... okay, I'm feeling better about this place. I have met all of Chuck's new doctors. My personal belief is that his wound-care doctor is nothing short of brilliant.

Yesterday, he was on bedrest. Yes, I freaked a little. I found his internist and commented - a bit frantically, "Hey, what's going on? I thought he'd be up, doing therapy. He's going backwards!" She assured me that all was well. They wanted everyone (wound care, respitory, physical therapy) to assess him before doing anything that could potentially harm him (yeah, she knows how to get on my good side). By 5:00, everyone had seen him, and now he's good to go. Today should be his first official day of therapy.

I praise God for careful doctors. I praise God for the healing occuring with the wounds on Chuck's back! Please pray for his pressure sores (he now has three on his backside - one of which is quite heinous).