Friday, August 11, 2006

Morning report:
Pneumonia is hanging on. However, it does not look any worse. (I think the doctor thought this last bit of news would be encouraging ... Boy, he has no idea what kind of person he's dealing with!)

For some strange reason ... (God!), Chuck's nutritionist came in to talk with me. Actually, she came in to check on his T.P.N. (intravenous feeding bag) She told me she's confident Chuck will get back to tube feedings soon. Then she crawled inside my head and commented: "You know, sometimes we have checkoff lists for our loved ones, and we don't feel safe unless they are meeting the goals we've set up for them." (Uh, yeah ... I know!) She further commented, "With Chuck, you've got to let go of your checklists. All of us here are going with what his body can do ... when his body is ready to do it." Wowwie, wow - does God have angels walking around or what????

Okay, I'm feeling worried because I cannot check off "pnuemonia gone" from my list. Please pray for Chuck's lungs. Please pray I rest in God ... that I feel the peace that passes understanding ... as I wait for Chuck's body to be ready to get stronger. Please pray I stop making checklists based on my desires ... and start paying better attention to Chuck's body.

blessings