Tuesday, August 08, 2006

First of all, thank you for your prayers! My spirit has been refreshed ... so those of you praying for that ... I am indebted!

I went to visit Mr. Matthew Conner Roach this morning. He is absolutely perfect. I held him for a couple of hours and he barely made a peep ... just cute little baby noises. What a wonderful way for God to restore my spirit!! Christy looks fantastic. She's already up and walking. Jonah looks great, too ... very proud! Pray for this precious family as they all adapt to life with Matthew. Pray my adorable niece, Lindsey, adjusts well.

Stacie came for a visit! It was a boost for both me and Chuck. Also, Chuck received some therapy today ... whew. Dr. DeLeon (wound-care) took a look at his back. She is not overly concerned ... it is not infected. She expects Chuck will be ready for rehab in about a week. This is great, because it means she thinks his wounds will be healed enough to endure the activity!

God sent an adorable angel to care for Chuck today. She is his nurse-aide. Her name is Mirella, and I want her to take care of Chuck everyday!!! She has a very thick Russian accent ... and a very hearty laugh. She blew into Chuck's room and started barking out encouragement to him. "Chuck, who is this lovely woman at the foot of your bed? Your wife, no? The love of your life? Well, you must get better and go home to her! You must, Chuck, and you will. You will get better." Then she ordered me to write this on his board "Patient goals = Get Strong and Go Home." God sure is sweet to us... to send us such a bundle of energy just when we felt ready to drop!