Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Then sings my soul, my Savior God to thee, how great thou art, how great thou art (this hymn keeps running through my mind ... every morning I wake up to it).

My sister, Shea, does not read the blog. I'm always taken aback when she asks what's going on ... as I assume once I put info on the blog then everyone automatically knows. So, she's asking about each of Chuck's issues: how are his wounds, his lungs, his nutrition, his spirits. As I'm detailing how each and every issue is improving, she dryly (she is the queen of dry) comments, "Hmmm, that's wierd. It's almost like all of your concerns are being taken care of ... like some supernatural force is involved or something like that. Wierd." Then we died laughing ... it's amazing to see God answer prayer so specifically...so specifically that one could miss it. Today I praise God for all he's done for Chuck!

Good news on "the decision" to move to the Dallas location. This morning I was praying for clarity in my decision-making. As soon as I got to the hospital, my two favorite nurses came to encourage the Dallas move... yep, the rumor mill is alive and well at Baylor Regional...news has spread of my infamous flip-flop antics. They came to say, "We hear you're going to Dallas. We didn't want to say anything until you were set, but that is the BEST place to go." They went on and on about the great staff, the state-of-the-art rehab stuff. One of them had a nephew go through rehab there, and she was in awe of the place. That was a quick answer to prayer!

We are "patiently" waiting for the perfect bed ... the perfect nurse ... you know, God's timing.