Thursday, August 31, 2006

I have let too much time go without mentioning my blessings ... my salvation from insanity. Last week, my sister Shea insisted that I come home for a break. Wow, I had no idea how much I needed it! It's funny how insanity creeps in ... it doesn't announce itself ... it comes in quietly and hangs out in the corner ... slowly taking up more and more space. My craziness began with a simple themometer. The nurse takes Chuck's vitals every few hours. I insisted on knowing his temperature. If it was 98.6 or lower ... all was well. Before I knew it, every few hours was not enough for me. So, I started taking Chuck's temperature every hour on the hour. If it was 98.6 or lower ... I felt safe and happy. This all seemed quite normal to me. It wasn't until I was home laughing about this "quirk" when one of my friends knowingly said, "If you take his temperature every hour, you think you can stop him from running a fever." Wow ... wow ... that was exactly it. Yep, I had become a bonafide wacko.

Okay - so my blessings and return to a somewhat sound mind: Shea organizing my trip home = calling in friends to pray over me and scheduling an hour-long massage; Charlotte, Miranda, Sandra, Ashely, Shea listening to me, crying with me, laughing with me (or at me?)... praying over me; Darrell for taking care of my inspection sticker; Sarah for taking care of my house and giving me wonderful company while home; Sandy for the ticket to Women of Faith Conference; meeting Kelli and Valerie at the Women of Faith Conference. You all helped to restore my sanity. I have not touched a themometer since returning to Dallas. Chuck thanks you.