Thursday, July 27, 2006

Update on our blessings: my sister Kelli has come for a visit! Each of my family members has come to minister to me in their own special way. I just love how Shea would sit with me ... pat me on the back ... pray over me. I just love how Kelli came in, surveyed my needs, and immediately organized solutions. I love how my dad came in and soothed me with soft words and firm back rubs. I love how Mom and Dad P. are constant ... they are present through everything ... letting me know that I'm never alone. I love how Christy comes to talk and laugh with me ... letting me relax in her presence. I love how Tony comes up to boost Chuck ... he keeps Chuck grounded in who he is beyond the hospital room. God has blessed me with SUCH a great family...not to mention the spouses (Heather, Jonah, Greg, Read, Diann) who support all of us with their sacrifices and energy.

As far as friends coming, I must quote my dear friend, Ellie:"The power of prayer is great, but the power of love and laughter is no slouch either." Indeed!

Prayers for today:
  • Praise for all the support and love
  • Praise for improvements in lung function and in spirit
  • Please pray for a smooth surgery today ... that the skin adheres beautifully, that his skin heals, heals, heals. Dr. Young will perform the surgery. Pray for steady, gentle hands that bring healing to Chuck's body.
  • Please pray for nutrition. I'm awaiting a meeting with the gatro doc. Nutrition is blocked currently ... not sure why. Chuck's stomach continues to swell.

Keeping the faith!