Monday, July 17, 2006

Thanks for all the support! Everyone has been so kind; Mom, Christy, Mechelle ... with their words and presence; Dad with his steadiness (reminds me soo of Chuck!); Stacie coming to offer her time and energy; ALL of you who are praying, sending emails of support, bringing me meals and comfort (Jen and Jenny!!); encouraging me at work (Lynn, Bob-O and Susan, Amy, Terry, Jean, Jennifer, Jane, Catherine, Chipper, Suzanne, Sally, Beverly, Mary, John, Stan, Thyra). Whew, my cup runneth over.

Eric's report today is wonderfully positive. Of course, I've been advised by very wise people to remain calm in the face of good or bad news. This is a slow and steady climb up ... with alternating rises and falls. Today's gentle rise:
  • Chuck is tolerating some nourishment through his j-peg. They've rigged him up so that he has a tube going from his nose into his stomach. This tube pulls out gas bubbles. Then, the food is fed through the j-peg (which goes into his small intestine ... totally bypassing the stomach). For now, this is working ok. For that, I am calmly thankful.
  • Chuck's wounds look good = no new issues. Note how calm I am?

Thank you God! Please continue to pray for Chuck's nutrition.