Sunday, July 09, 2006

Bad new first:
Chuck has a couple of screws loose ... quite literally. He has a pressure sore on his back (DANG!), and one of his screws is trying to peek through it. The screw is not exposed, which is good. There is another screw above this area that is also trying to make its way up and out. Before you ask, I have no idea what this means for his recovery. This may require another trip to the O.R. to remove the screws. As my dear friend Ellie says, "We shall see what we shall see."

GREAT NEWS:
Chuck is doing super fantastic on the trach collar. He did five hours earlier today. He's getting a two hour break, then he'll go on for three or four more hours. The hope is that he will go all day on the collar tomorrow! Thank you Lord Jesus!

The Raney family visited me today. Funny how God will send people at just the right time. I was a bit bummed about the pressure sore issue. The Raneys took care of me in my dispair...with food, laughter, hugs and kisses. Thank you God for Chris, Denise, and their PRECIOUS kids.