Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Well, the inevitable has happened. In preparing my home for sale...so that I can move into an apartment...so that I do not need to be handy...I have become handy. I don't know when it happened. I don't know how it happened. But here I am...a full month into home repair projects...and I have accomplished the following:

  • priming and painting seven rooms in my house (including 2 ceiling areas...with walls up to 18 feet high...I did have some help with this...thank God)
  • sealing and repairing cracks in my ceiling
  • hanging brackets for valances made of wood
  • covering said valances with gorgeous fabric (purchased at a great price...thank you Hancock Fabrics)
  • hanging valances
  • removing front door handle for polishing
  • replacing front door handle (MUCH harder than removing)
  • repairing head on sprinkler system (NEVER again will I call for this simple, cheap repair...seriously...one minute and two dollars)

These projects are on the horizon for the weekend...if help is unavailable...I'm thoroughly prepared to take on:

  • repairing my fence (about 15 boards)
  • sanding and staining my front door

NOW...this may not sound like a big deal...but if you knew me...you'd probably pass out from shock.