Wednesday, June 04, 2008

On a lighter note...I had a come-to-Jesus meeting with my hairdresser yesterday. (I thank God for women who will sit me down, look me in the eye, and say...come on, Jan, pull it together...reminds me of what my mom would have done.) Okay, in any case, now that I am showering EVERY DAY, the hair is next on the docket. I just know that for the past month or so, Mom (former hair dresser) and Chuck have been discussing my progress.

"Chuck, our girl is NOT doing well."

"What do you mean, Hester? Just look at her...painting the house...making wise decisions on her own. She's doing great."

"No, Chuck, she's not. If I instilled anything in my daughters, it is the necessity of having cute hair. Would you just look at that mess? Some days she doesn't even brush it. No, Chuck, she is not doing well." (I wish I had some photos of the wing-dingers mom pulled on us for pictures...curled within an inch of our lives we were.)

AND IT'S TRUE. I have not been doing well. Sabrena to the rescue. This is what she boldly told me yesterday as I sat in the stylist chair..."Jan, it doesn't matter HOW I cut your hair. If you are not going to fix it...it will not look good. Period." She then sweetly and gently showed me some hair-blowing techniques and offered a free lesson. I can come in with all my supplies and she will coach me as I fix my hair.

I can assure you, my mom is relieved!