Saturday, June 07, 2008

I AM FINISHED PAINTING...whew...no words. My home is beautiful...just lovely. I picked a neutral "watercress," and it looks like I live in a house of light...all the windows and the open spaces. It is truly breathtaking...that is if you can overlook the mess I created in the process. Most of my furniture is still in the middle of all the rooms...and I really got into the "my house is a mess anyway so I don't need to pick up after myself" thing. Ooops.

Next step...a few repairs; start cleaning up clutter; sorting through what to give a way, what to sell, what to keep; and CLEANING.

I've pretty much hit the "good enough" point. I had grand dreams of staging my home and making it look like a model (look at that...even in fixing up a home I'm trying to go for the unrealistic!) It is looking MUCH better...but I'm weary and will most likely wind up with something in between model and home-sweet-home.

My plan is to have my home...precious beautiful homeyish-model that it is...on the market by the end of the month. Ummm, perhaps I should check in with God on this?