Monday, June 09, 2008

Today was a gift...my plans fell through cause God had something special planned...just for me.

Mindy called me at work right before 9:00 this morning...I was dutifully working.

"How are you doing today?" she asked hesitantly.

"I'm doing really great. I had my meltdown yesterday..."

"Are you at work?"

"Yes."

"Would it be bad for you to leave???"

"Ummmm, no...why?"

AND THEN IT ALL TUMBLED OUT...."Trout is playing this morning at camp...in an hour...you'll have to leave right now to make it."

So I paused briefly, "Ohhh, I have plans," I whined. "I brought cake for my widows group..." and then the words she had said registered...CHUCK, BIRTHDAY, CAMP, TROUT...GO!GO!GO!

I shouted a farewell to my boss and RAN with absolute abandon...giddy and joyful...RAN to my car...in my heels...ran, ran, ran. There have been a handful of times that I have ditched "plans" and fully embraced a moment for all it had to offer. This one was spectacular...God's delicate, precise details...I was in awe the entire drive...

Remember my hesitancy to have an intimate relationship with God...this was his reply. "Jan, I love you so much...I will arrange life so that you will have just enough car in your gas to haul yourself to your husband's most favorite place on earth to hear his most favorite group in the world with children who are most precious to him...on his first birthday away from you...I love you that much...."





Keith and Ezra dedicated this one to Chuck: