Sunday, June 01, 2008

Couple of things: first...the swim meet! It was a perfect morning = cloudy, shady, cool breeze...not sure how the swimmers felt about it...but the adults LOVED it. As far as I can tell, the coolest thing about the swim meet is free reign with the sharpie. By the end of the meet, my ten-year-old nephew was sporting a mustache and goatee...his uncle Chuck would heartily approve of the look, and both nieces were covered in "tattoos."

Second, and most importantly, I was reminded of a simple truth this morning...God loves me. He has a plan a purpose for my life...everything else that defies this is a lie...all those doubts that plague me fly in the face of truth. This helps me frame what happened to Chuck. It helps me frame where I am today. It helps me frame my friendships, my heartaches, my hopes, my dreams...it is the foundation and framework of my very life. I just need to be reminded from time to time.