Tuesday, April 24, 2007

It has been a thrilling day! We've said goodbye to Dr. Brancaccio...we'll miss him! He and Dr. DeLeon have been with us for nine months...that's long enough to grow a baby for heaven's sakes. I've been packing and "donating" things to the hospital...dry-erase markers, etc. Chuck, true to the end, shrugs everytime someone ask if he's leaving tomorrow.

Dr. DeLeon told me that I've chosen excellent doctors. She feels really good about the wound care team at Methodist. That Dr. D has been GREAT! She's been good to Chuck AND to me. This is the warning she good-naturedly passed on to our new wound care doctor. "Jan feels like she's fighting for Chuck's life. If you get in her way, she'll hurt you." It's rare that my mother's bold personality peaks out from my meek self. But if that's not Hester Sue in the flesh, I don't know what is.

Dr. Brancaccio feels really good about the pulmonologist we've selected. He spoke with Dr. Bell on the phone and relayed the past nine months to him. Adora (our WONDERFUL ostomy nurse) says that Methodist has a great group of ostomy nurses. I believe we'll be in very capable hands.

We leave tomorrow at 10 a.m. The trip should take 6-7 hours. Thanks so much to all of you who have made this possible. Just look at what you've done! Just look!!!!