Saturday, January 13, 2007

This post is dedicated to you, Bob-O and Sue ... per your Bruce Almighty email.

I spent two hours in the chapel (we get kicked out of I.C.U. for 2 hours in the evening). I read to God from Psalms ... I sang to him (yes sang ... quietly) ... cried and prayed to him. All that only killed one hour! Then I noticed the notebook that is kept in the chapel for prayer requests. I picked it up and read page after page of people with broken hearts ... "Heal my mother of cancer ... take my sister home to be with you ... help my husband to come home soon." It was touching to see all those prayer requests ... touching and very sad. I felt a sense of despair ... so much sickness ... so much pain! Then I remembered an email Bob and Sue sent me about the movie Bruce Almighty. Morgan Freeman plays God. He is explaining to Bruce that answering yes to every prayer leads to chaos since people rarely know what they really want (or what is best for them). Ahhh, leave it to a Jim Carey movie to remind me of the truth: God is sovereign. He sees how everything fits together. He does the best thing at the best time for the greatest good. He dearly loves Chuck ... he dearly loves all the people mentioned in the prayer book.

I am praying for healing for Chuck. I am praying that his kidneys open and flow! I am praying that we have a long and deliriously happy life together.