Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year! Chuck and I are thrilled to be celebrating our 13th anniversary. I spent the night in the I.C.U. last night ... as I'm not much on staying up late to welcome in the new year ... and there was no one else I'd rather be with than Chuck. Now ... staying in the I.C.U. is a bit different from other areas of the hospital. Everything, every consideration is for the benefit of the patient. Thus, when the nurse kept waking me because Chuck wanted me, "But I'm sleeping," was not an adequate excuse. I felt a bit like a king's concubine ... the servant comes ... taps the chosen one on the shoulder ... "He's asking for you." Not nearly so romantic as I've imagined the life of a concubine.

Chuck's off the ventilator this morning. My wonderful friend, Mindy, has started to pray that Chuck will be home by spring break ... sounds good to me! Vanlentine's Day would be even better ... but a bit unlikely. Let's pray for complete recovery.

Many blessings to you in 2007.