Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Chuck has been off the ventilator all day. Please pray for energy ... as it really wears him out. It's amazing how quickly the lungs get lazy once they've gone on the ventilator. He's fighting like a real champ.

Wound-care came by today. We have a GREAT blessing in Linda, the wound-care nurse. She came to see Chuck on Friday ... once we arrived from the E.R. After caring for Chuck, she came over to me ... I must have looked a mess. She pointedly asked me how I was. I started crying. She assured me that my tears were precious to God, and that he was collecting them in a bottle. I told her that he'd better get a bigger bottle!

Today ... when Chuck's back looked better ... yes BETTER ... than Friday, I said, "Thank God." Linda reminded me, "God's the author of miracles." While I've been praying for healing ... I just knew Chuck's back would look beaten and bruised from all the commotion on Friday. Alas, God put his hand over Chuck's back ... kept it safe ... and threw in some new, pink skin to boot!

Dr. DeLeon just got back from the Philipines. (Hallelujah!) She has plans to come see Chuck today ... but it will be late. I will most likely be gone for the night.

Thanks for the prayers. Keep it up!