Saturday, December 30, 2006

We're still waiting to see the doctor of internal medicine. I have tons o' questions.

This is what I know right now:
  • Chuck's breathing is okay.
  • The pulmonologist has already started weaning Chuck off the vent.
  • It looks like we will be in I.C.U. through the weekend.
  • Chuck's short-term memory is very sketchy right now. I asked the pulmonologist if this could be due to oxygen deprivation. He said no ... and truly, Chuck was never oxygen-deprived for any length of time. As soon as he stopped breathing, he was bagged.
  • Chuck got a little "pull-things-out-happy" last night. First, he pulled out his N.G. tube (from nose to stomach). He cannot stand those things, and I knew it wouldn't last long. However, he also pulled out his j-peg. With the whole short-term-memory loss, he does not remember doing this. Sadly, I've had to tell him over and over what happened, and he gets upset everytime he rediscovers that his j-peg is out ... and will have to be replaced.

Please pray his memory-lapse is short-term. (ha) Please pray the j-peg issue is quickly, and easily resolved. Please pray Chuck is healed and can go home.