Friday, December 15, 2006

This morning started out GREAT! My cousin, Kam, took me for my first-ever facial. I had no idea what my face had been missing out on! I plan to indulge more frequently.

Chuck's wounds are benefitting from the nutrition. They are not yet improving, but they have stopped declining. Also, the skin around the wounds is looking more healthy.

Guess what fell out today? Just guess. Come on ... yep, j-peg. As soon as I saw it I high-tailed it to the nurses' station, clomping all the way in my fancy new cowboy boots (gift from Chuck). "Quick, j-peg's out. Get a doctor NOW!" (You may remember, the window of opportunity is quite short and I was fully prepared to reinsert the tube myself.) Blessedly, the surgeon came quickly, reinserted the tube, and TAPED it back in. He said it's no use to suture it in, as the sutures just keep popping out. So, Chuck's main source of healing is secured to his body with tape ... I should have known ... you know, the whole wonder of duct tape and all.