Thursday, December 21, 2006

This has been a tearful morning. The Moonie family has left Baylor Specialty. I met Mr. Moonie two months ago. His wife started out in the pod; then moved to a regular room; now she's going to assisted living. Mr. Moonie said he'll be taking her home soon. I am so happy for them ... but so sad for me and Chuck. I'm a bit jealous ... when do we get to leave? Why can't we follow that same pattern ... improve, improve, improve?

God sent a QUICK answer to prayer. Last night I was praying for a support group, or someone who could help direct me through this whole care-taker role. I don't know what I'm doing and sometimes I worry that I am harming Chuck rather than helping him ... causing him to become too dependent upon me. WHAMO ... met Betty Wilson this morning. She and I stood out in the hallway laughing and crying about how hard it is to watch the man you love go through all of this. Granted, she's been married to her husband for 54 years, but she says it's not any easier watching him suffer. She is a beautiful woman of faith ... who has had some of the same doubts I have had. I mentioned to Chuck, "Yeah, I've been praying for months that you'd be healed ... but this request God answers overnight? What's up with that?" Whatever is up with it, I am thankful. He must know how much I need guidance!