Saturday, December 30, 2006

Okay, j-tube has been replaced. Dr. Tate came up to the hospital (his day off), and made sure the tube was reinserted sans surgery. I heard him talking to his resident ... he said, "Well, I could have stayed home all weekend and worried about it, or I could come up here and take care of it. That's the price of being an intern." How cool is that? Okay, big thank you to God for Dr. Tate. We love Dr. Tate!

I would like to take this opportunity to clear Chuck's name of pulling out the j-peg. According to the notes from the night nurse ... it may have just fallen out.

The doctor thinks Chuck's memory will return. I did some research on short-term memory loss. One of the leading causes is extremem stress or anxiety. Personally, I think God gives us all kinds of amazing defense mechanisms ... this being one of them. Things got too extreme for Chuck ... alas, he has no recollection of it. Thank you God.

Okay, I am a sick-o, and I accept this. I have been having a little too much fun with the short-term memory thing. We have had the same two conversations today ... over and over. Seriously ... over 30 repeats of the same topics. One of the topics is the amount of tape holding his I.V. in place. I mentioned one of the times that all the tape was to prevent the I.V. cord from dangling. His remark ... yeah, like a participle. No, this was not funny, but he thought it brillant. Well, the next time we had the conversation (5 minutes later) I made the dangling participle comment and he thought it was hilarious. He really got a kick out of it. I did too, but for totally different reasons.

Okay, I also need to give props to Dr. Tate for laughing at Chuck's joke over and over. Yes, Chuck kept making the same joke ... and Dr. Tate pretended it was funny every time.

Chuck is doing well. Thanks for your prayers! Please continue to pray for complete healing ... mindy, body, and spirit.