Friday, June 30, 2006

Update for Shelokov and Eric:

Chuck's breathing is improving (which is KEY to everything)! He's back to 30 minutes each time he's off the ventilator (on the trach collar). He goes on the trach collar twice a day. Once he does well on the collar, he will get to eat again.

Dr. Shelokov told me Chuck is mad, mad, mad ... he wants to eat; he wants to drink; and well ... who can blame him? Those of you who know Chuck won't believe this, but he asks Dr. Taylor for popsicles continually ... everyday ... several times a day. It's so unlike Chuck to drive an issue(joke, story, etc) into the ground like that. Finally, Dr. Taylor consented. However, Chuck gets only a tiny bit, and a nurse must administer the much coveted prize.

Chuck sees no end in sight. Pray for his determination and hope.

I travel to Dallas tomorrow (yea!!!) I'll be there until Wednesday. Oh, and my phone is on the fritz ... email if you need me. I'll take care of the phone thing ... eventually!

Love to all!