Thursday, June 01, 2006

Evening update:
Okay, so the only doctor I spoke with today was the super-cool dude with the pony tail. He's the infectious disease doc. He's thrilled to report that Chuck is clear of all infections ... and the good Dr. Allen would know, as he has, and I quote, "cultured Chuck from head to toe." He will start weaning Chuck off of his antibiotics.

Super day for Chuck! First of all, a reminder: Dr. Shelokov warned me this would be a "marathon" ... by "marathon" he meant a 26.2 mile run followed by a brisk hike up Everest. My point? Things that may sound insignificant ... are actually quite HUGE events.

Today, Chuck received nourishment through his stomach, and his stomach accepted it. This is FANTASTIC! I expect that this will lead to his body responding more positively to absolutely everything. The docs had said that a body cannot truly thrive unless it gets nourishment through the ol' gut. Well, bravo, Chuck Picciuti! He's really on his way now.