Monday, June 26, 2006

"Uh...I don't know..." that is one of our FAVORITE quotes from the first season of Survivor. One of the reward challenges was a quiz. Rudy, the 70-year-old navy seal known for his brusque manner, could not answer a single question. It just got funnier and funnier as his "Uh's" got longer and longer. By the end of the game, his reply was "Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuh ...I don't know."

Long intro to get to the point ... I feel just like Rudy felt!!! Ask me any question about Chuck ... how is he doing ... when will he get better ... what do the doctors think ... my answer is "Uhhhh...I don't know."

Afternoon update:
  • The abscess, of which I spoke earlier, may not be an abscess. He's had a hematoma since the surgery (one month). It looks like the mother of all bruises. It is on his left side, and reaches from his armpit to his hip. The bruise has not lightened in the least ... hmmm, seems like I might have caught on earlier! Again, I feel like Rudy. In any case, they put in a drain. They sent a sample to be tested. This just may be the source of Chuck's infection!
  • The feeding tube was not done today. Perhaps tomorrow? Uh...I don't know.