Saturday, March 08, 2008

Thank you for the prayers and support. Does this mean I can just let go? Kidding, sorta. It is a reassurance to know that if I do let go, the world will not fall apart. Apparently, my efforts do not determine the fate of everything, much to my surprise. Not only does God provide support for my weak days, he expects them...he's prepared the way for them...and the way is YOU. So thank you.

I am on the mend...with hopes of feeling GREAT by Monday...doctor's prognosis, not mine. Let's hope this comes to fruition, as I have a business trip to Michigan next week. (Yes, I'm excited b/c I've never been...know nothing about it...I love traveling to new places.)

Since I've been in bed (for days and days) I've had a lot of time for reflection and reading...yes, even some from the Bible. (Whew...just gotta jump back in sometimes...like jumping in to a cold swimming pool.) My church is doing a Join the Journey...daily Bible readings through the year with on-line Bible studies (written by people in my church). In any case, we are in Luke, so I thought, "Hey, what do you need? A written invitation? Read Luke, Jan." Of all the gospels, it is the one I am LEAST familiar with...weird? Must be its location...location, location, location.

One last thing...I think I am moving right along in my grief. I have hit the point where I realize...this is for good. I will need to KEEP doing the finances, and KEEP taking care of the business of owning a home and KEEP being responsible for...well, everything in my life. At first it's scary to handle all the stuff...then exhilirating to know that I really can do it...I'm at the "Crap, you mean I have to keep doing all this??? Indefinitely??? Really? With NO help from Chuck??? Really???? Really????"