Sunday, March 16, 2008

Shea brought me a bit of sweet reality today. She has the uncanny ability to gently and humbly present truth to me without judging me. The topic at church today was surviving the death of a loved one...I made some kind of "poor me" comment and she kindly replied, "I lost him, too."

WOW. Instantly I thought of that Far Side cartoon portraying what a dog hears when her master is talking to her, "Blah, blah, blah, Ginger. Blah, blah, blah, blah, Ginger." Only it was my blog...my mind...in which all I've been saying is "Blah, blah, blah, ME. Blah, blah, blah, ME."

WOW. Aside from Mom, Dad, Christy, and Tony...it is rare that I think about anyone else's loss...I don't often pray for healing for others...I hardly ever wonder how others are dealing with their grief. WOW.

I thank God for gentle reminders...others miss Chuck, too...others feel his absence keenly...others weep over him. WOW.

Please know this, I am sorry for your loss. I am sorry for not noticing your pain.