Wednesday, March 19, 2008

God is doing some kind of work in me...has been on this one point for several weeks. It all began with the song Marvelous Light. There's a verse that I long to KNOW in my soul..."sin has lost its power, death has lost its sting." Of course, presently every time I sing that verse, I mutter, "Yeah, whatever...stinging pretty painfully if you ask me." And so, I googled the verse "Where oh death is thy sting?" and funny enough I thought it was from Shakespeare! Alas, no, it is in I Corinthians 15:55. And so...I'm reading I Corinthians 15. Nope...still not "feeling" the death has lost its sting business. But God has put it on my heart...to bring me through this barrier of understanding.

Here's the song that inspired it all...Greg's version is my favorite...alas, he does not have it on youtube!